Nippon to Blend in Java


JGC Indonesia was awarded a contract to construct a lubricants production plant with 40,000 kiloliters per year capacity in Bekasi, West Java, Indonesia, for joint venture PT. JX Nippon Oil and Energy Lubricants Indonesia.

The plant is scheduled for completion in March 2012, according to JGC. The contract calls for engineering, procurement, and construction for the lubricant plant, as well as commissioning support.

The purpose of the project is to provide PT. JX Nippon Oil & Energy Lubricants Indonesia with a new production base for lubricant oils for sale in the expanding domestic market, JGC stated last week.

JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corp. of Japan owns 80 percent of the joint venture, and PT. Andalan Dunia Semesta of Indonesia holds the remaining 20 percent.

JX Nippon Oil, which operates base oil plants in Japan, makes automotive and industrial lubricants, metalworking fluids, greases, and marine and power generation lubricants.

Related Topics

Market Topics