COMPANY: The company started trading in the early 1800s and remains a private, independent company now led by the 5th and 6th generation of the family. The company has a worldwide reputation as a reliable and innovative supplier of high performance, speciality lubricants.
“People Matter” is the company’s key value, this includes technical expertise and leadership, customer focus and service, care for employees, complete honesty and integrity in all dealings. From people we have placed in the last four years – we have excellent feedback on how they are treated, supported and looked after.
– Manage relationships with external raw material and packaging suppliers, negotiate prices and T&C’s to ensure optimised commercial agreements.
– Develop purchasing and stocking policies for raw materials and packaging.
– Source and order raw materials and packaging, within specification, to meet the production plan and agreed stock levels. Monitor delivery and take action when required.
– Monitor and report expenditure on a monthly basis, identifying variances and take remedial action where required.
– Negotiate and manage a variety of other purchase for resale, consumable, logistics, service and utility contracts.
– Manage and coach the Purchasing Assistant and Receptionist.
– Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Diploma (CIPS).
– Previous experience of a leadership role in purchasing and contract management.
– Previous experience of developing pricing strategies.
– Good working knowledge of quality standards, of relevant health, safety and environmental legislation and of the law relating to the employment of people.
– English and Maths to good GCSE level minimum (or equivalent) – need to be able to analyse and manipulate data and draft board reports etc.
– Experience of using ERP system(s) for stock management.
– Day to day working knowledge of office software – able to use spreadsheets, draft presentations, write reports and other documents.
– Strong communication and negotiation skills.